Frequently asked questions
Stokes State Forest Campgrounds
1 Coursen Road, Branchville, New Jersey 07826
1. When do we depart on Friday?
The group will depart together in a caravan from SHINE Power Yoga Maple Shade with two departure times. Early bird departure: 7am; Afternoon departure at 12pm. If you are not able to depart with the caravan, you are more than welcome to set your own arrival time. This is a retreat after all! We strongly recommend carpooling to be mindful of the environment and for limited parking accommodations.
2. Do you accommodate dietary requests?
Yes! Vegetarian options will be available. Gluten-free options and other dietary accommodations upon reasonable request. Please forward dietary requests to Carleena@shinepoweryoga.com
3. Can I request to bunk with someone in the shared cabins?
Yes! We have two cabins available. If you have a preference of who you'd like to bunk with (up to 4 persons), once your group has registered and paid, please email Carleena using the form below.
4. What comes with the shared cabins?
Shared cabins include a flushable toilet, kitchenette and bunk beds. These cabins are bare so guests are required to bring bedding along with any other items that assist in making the space cozy for you! All meals are provided but if you wish to use the kitchenette, pots, pans and cleaning supplies for dishes are required as well. Only 2 parking spaces are available per cabin so please consider carpooling.
5. What comes with outdoor camping?
All that is provided is a cleared tent space. Guests must bring their own tents, bedding and other camping supplies for comfort. You are welcome to bring battery operated air mattresses, sleeping pads, cots, hammocks, etc. Flushable toilets and showers are in easy walking distance.
OK - I AM IN. SO WHAT DO I PACK?
We will be spending lots of time outdoors so dress comfortably for longer days with exposure to sunshine, bugs and other nature-y things!
- bug spray - yoga clothes
- sunscreen - hiking shoes
- hammock - rain jacket/poncho
- a good book - spare batteries (if using air mattress)
- your yoga mat - a sun blocking hat or sunglasses
- swimsuit - bath towel and/or beach towel
- bedding - pillow, sleeping bag, cozy blanket
- day back pack - reusable water bottle or Camelbak
*this is not an exhaustive list.