Frequently asked questions
Mohican Outdoor Center
50 Camp Mohican Road, Blairstown, NJ 07825 Phone: (908) 362-5670
1. When do we depart on Friday?
The group will depart together in a caravan from SHINE Power Yoga Maple Shade with two departure times. Early bird departure: 7am; Afternoon departure at 12pm. If you are not able to depart with the caravan, you are more than welcome to set your own arrival time. This is a retreat after all! We recommend carpooling to be mindful of the environment.
2. Do you accommodate dietary requests?
Yes! Vegetarian options will be available. Gluten-free options and other dietary accommodations upon reasonable request.
5. What comes with outdoor camping?
All that is provided is a cleared tent space. Guests are expected to bring their own tents, bedding and other camping supplies for comfort. You are welcome to bring battery operated air mattresses, sleeping pads, cots, hammocks, etc. Flushable toilets and showers are in easy walking distance. If you have never camped before and are short on supplies, reach out to us and we can hook you up!
6. Where are we hiking?
This fall we will be doing the Kaiser - Coppermine Appalachian Trail Loop. This is a moderate 7.2 mile hike, with the option to return back to camp after 5.2 miles. There is a slight elevation gain for a portion of this hike.
OK - I AM IN. SO WHAT DO I PACK?
We will be spending lots of time outdoors so dress comfortably for longer days with exposure to sunshine, bugs and other nature-y things!
- bug spray - yoga clothes
- sunscreen - hiking shoes
- hammock - rain jacket/poncho
- a good book - spare batteries (if using air mattress)
- your yoga mat - a sun blocking hat or sunglasses
- swimsuit - bath towel and/or beach towel
- bedding - pillow, sleeping bag, cozy blanket
- day back pack - reusable water bottle or Camelbak
*this is not an exhaustive list.