This 4 hour workshop is open to both yoga instructors or yoga students looking to delve more into the realm on Yin Yoga. This workshop will culminate with a yin practice so we can experience all the greatness we just learned about!
What is Yin Yoga? Yin Yoga targets the connective tissues, such as the ligaments, bones, and even the joints of the body that normally are not exercised very much in a more active style of asana practice. Suitable for almost all levels of students, Yin Yoga is a perfect complement to the dynamic and muscular (yang) styles of yoga that emphasize internal heat, and the lengthening and contracting of our muscles. Yin Yoga generally targets the connective tissues of the hips, pelvis, and lower spine. Despite this class being more 'passive', it can be challenging as we hold postures for longer periods of time.
In This Workshop -
- Touch on the brief history of Yin Yoga and discuss the benefits of the practice
- Discuss the differences between Yin and Yang in regards to yoga
- Discussion on how Yin shows up anatomically and physiologically
- Safe sequencing and counterposes for either instructing a Yin class or building your own for self-practice
- Discuss the energetic meridans and how to sequence strategically with them
- Finding your style of teaching Yin or guiding yourself through a Yin practice
- Using yoga props effectively for greater release
- Experiencing a full yin practice
Recommended Reading: The Complete Guide to Yin Yoga by Bernie Clark
Questions? Email: Carleena@ShinePowerYoga.com