SHINE Power Yoga is inspired by the teachings of Baron Baptiste & Baptiste Power Vinyasa Yoga. The Studio is heated to 96 degrees with added humidity. Yes, you will sweat, No we will not open the door or turn on the fan. The intensity of our yoga program is set to mimic the intensity of our lives…..breakthrough instead of breakdown!! This is how we SHINE! SHINE Power Yoga’s mission for each student to leave the studio Inspired & Empowered and up to something BIG! To SHINE Inward to Outward! To feel a Community of people who want to Light up our Planet! Our studio is committed to creating & educating yogis of all ages. We commit to give back to our world in every way we see possible!
You SHINE, I SHINE, your children SHINE, we all SHINE!
The room is heated to 96 + degrees. Our flow challenges cardio, flexibility and strength.
We love seeing our students go from a little unsure, to hell ya, I got this!
We hold up our community. You show up, you are a part of it. It's that simple.
If you are a first time student make sure to bring water, a yoga mat a small & large towel. Not all yoga mats are designed for heated yoga and you may sweat so much that you slip on your mat so a large towel will give you some grip. Please make sure to arrive 15 minutes before class so we have time to introduce you to our awesome space and get you settled.
We encourage all new students to have patience with themselves. We teach to all levels of student and are here to assist you. It may take 3 yoga practices to acclimate to the room temperature & humidity and the names of the poses.
If you do not have a mat or towels, or if you just forget them (hey we all do sometimes) you can rent all of this at the studio. Mat Rentals $2, Hand Towel Rentals $1, Mat Towel Rentals $3
1. If you're brand new to SHINE arrive to class 15 - 20 minutes early. This will give you plenty of time to sign into the studio, get our 5 cent tour and set yourself up in the room.
2. If you're brand new to yoga, set yourself up in the middle of the room. Avoid the back row. Should you become confused, the middle of the room will allow you to look around at any angle during class.
3. Remove your shoes before entering the yoga room. You will be practicing in bare feet and it keeps all the stuff we all collect on the bottom of our shoes out of the yoga room.
4. Bring a Yoga Mat, Water, A Small Towel and a Yoga Mat Sized Towel. If you don't have any of these items we rent mats and both sized towels at the studio. We also have water bottles for sale and a water cooler in our community room, free to all, to fill up your water bottles.
5. Avoid wearing any colognes, perfumes or lotions to class. With the added heat and humidity strong smells are magnified and unavoidable for everyone in the class.
6. If you have any injuries, talk to the teacher before class to let them know. This way we can cue appropriate modifications for you during class.
7. If you arrive after class has begun, you must wait until after "OM" to enter the room.
8. When setting up your mat, look for the small black tape lines on the floor. Put you mat to the top right corner of the marks. This allows late comers to easily lay down their mats without disturbing the class.
9. No Cell Phones in the Yoga Room.
10. Bring only what you need for your practice into the yoga room. Leave all extra shirts, bags, keys, etc in the community room. The doors are locked after class starts, your items are safe. If you do not feel safe leaving them in the community room, we suggest leaving them at home or locked in your car.
11. Minimum age to practice is 14. If with a parent or guardian, 11.
12. DO NOT LEAVE DURING SAVASANA. If you need to leave class early, let the teacher know before class and leave quietly before savasana.
13. SHINE Power Yoga has a policy for bringing children with you to class. We do not allow unattended children in our check in areas. We offer a kids yoga program at the Maple Shade location and encourage parents to attend those classes with their children (adults practice separate). If you need special permission, it needs to be given on a case by case basis by contacting a SHINE manager before-hand.